About this Blog

On June 4, 2014, my 8 year old son, then 7, was diagnosed with the autoimmune disorder Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus. His pancreas no longer produces the hormone insulin, which is needed to carry glucose out of his blood stream and into his cells for energy and life. There is no cure. His daily regimen now consists of glucose monitoring, carb counting, insulin dosing, and corrections based on exercise, illness, and growth. This disease has affected our entire family and with that, some life changes had to occur. One of the most important aspects of his daily life is meal planning. I am midway through my MBA and this semester was asked to create a blog for my Social Media Marketing class. I am not a doctor or a dietician, so please work with your doctors to create the best meal plan for your child and always read nutritional labels for Total Carbohydrates, Dietary Fiber, and Sugar Alcohol. This blog is based off of my son’s requirements of 45-60 grams of carbohydrates per meal and 15-30 carb snacks. I hope some of these meal plans provide additional ideas for you and your little one(s).

Please g+ and follow my blog as well as feel free to comment or contact me. Thank you!

Also, it was recently pointed out to me that where it reads "1 Cup of ice cream", this is actually a 3oz. single serve container. Thank you Mod Squad Ladies!